ZS Training Call for Applications - NOW CLOSED
Download the CfA
June 20-21, 2019
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Mental Health America of Wisconsin (MHA) is inviting applications from eligible entities to participate in the WI Zero Suicide Training. The Wisconsin training will walk participants through the seven elements of the Zero Suicide toolkit, providing background about the resources and rationale for each and descriptions about how different types of organizations have implemented these elements in Wisconsin and elsewhere.
We ask for teams with a minimum of three staff from health/behavioral health care organizations to attend. A one-year learning community is included for training participants.
The application narrative and organizational Self-Study are due by March 15th at 4:00 pm in order to receive primary consideration.
This training is designed to assist health and behavioral health plans and organizations in developing and implementing a Zero Suicide approach. Essential dimensions of the Zero Suicide model include:
- Creating a leadership driven, safety-oriented culture that commits to dramatically reducing suicide among people under their care that includes suicide attempt and loss survivors as part of their leadership and planning.
- Systematically identifying and assessing suicide risk level among people at risk.
- Ensuring every person has a pathway to care that is both timely and adequate to meet their needs.
- Developing a competent, confident and caring workforce.
- Using effective, evidence-based care including collaborative safety planning, promoting suicide safe environments, and effective treatment of suicidal thoughts and behavior.
- Continuing contact and support, especially after acute care.
- Applying a data-driven quality improvement approach to inform system changes that will lead to improved patient outcomes and better care for those at risk.
Zero Suicide Training: Applicant Teleconference
January 30, 2019
Download Question & Response-clinical staff